Friday, January 28, 2005

seeing me everyday

if i could sing it for you right now, i would...
"disappointment cuts me like a knife
but i won't be afraid...
you are my fortress in the storm
i will cling to you like a sailor lost in the wind...
i know now
you are my sure thing
you know my heart
you know my soul
you know my comings and goings
you know it all
i adore you"
- phil joel, "i adore you"

"there's no other love
nowhere in the world
greater than my love for you
you belong to me
i adore you
so don't hesitate to call me

i know sometimes you feel alone
you're all alone with no one
i'm always by your side
oh i see you everyday

i see you everyday
sending my love your way
watching your every move
covering you with grace
all that i ask of you
talk to me everyday
the bond is stronger
when you know that
i'll be right there

look up to the stars
you see no ending
infinity is waiting for you
i'll hold to my promise
just keep me in your heart
you'll feel safe in knowing i'm there

you're so precious to me
everyday i'll hold you so close to me
i just need you to have faith in me
you can move mountains
through my love for you"
- karen clark sheard, "i'll be right there"
always trying to be grown. always trying to be mature. always trying to be responsible. but sometimes things just don't turn out like you want them to. sometimes you don't want wisdom or a real solution. sometimes you had a hard day and you know it's just one day and tomorrow may be better. but still. you just want some sympathy. for right now. no one i know is shallow or patronizing enough to offer such a temporal consolation, but it's nice to know that Jesus is open to it every now and then. just so i know somebody's watching, listening, caring about what's going on great and small. it's such a comfort to know that i won't have to do everything by myself. that's all.

2 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, February 03, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

AMEN! (nuff said)

 
At 4:52 PM, February 04, 2005, Blogger Chops said...

Wow. Seriously moving.
Blessings to you.
Lambchop~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home