Monday, May 31, 2004

strategy of the opposing side

just an observation. my roommate was having some meeting for her quixtar sales group. it's not a pyramid scheme, but any business where you have to lure and cajole workers to work for you doesn't work for me. i tried one of those once and quickly found that i am no one's master salesman, so i've had mild contempt for them ever since.

i overheard my roommate and her sales team member discussing "volume quotas", "game plans", "sales pitches", etc. nothing they were talking about was illegal or surreptitious, but they're talk was geared towards optimizing their effort to get what they need from people to make sales and i'm sure climb up the ladder.

of course, i've been virtually overdosing on tonex's new double CD set and the song that's been standing out the most recently is "alive 2". though mostly high-energy, headbangable guitar riffs, the song breaks down in the middle to a quiet simmer while tonex has a brief conversation with the audience as Christ speaking in 1st person POV. he says "I went down to hell and I took the keys from satan. there were some discussions about Me. and there's some board meetings about you too in hell, but greater is he that's in you..." than he that is in the world.

i transferred the visual. not to give my roommate and her cohort in a demonic connotation. but regarding my purpose and destiny in Christ, i'm certain that the modis operandi is the same. demons have "destruction quotas" to make, form "distration pitches" to keep me as far away from God's presence as they can, and "temptation pitches" to get me to indulge in whatever fancy makes me happy so they can accomplish their goal of preventing me from furthering God's kingdom and dragging my soul into eternal damnation.

that's my only observation. i'm sure that mini-revelation is God speaking to me to be more vigilant and realize that i can't just stay asleep. i've been so consumed with school and work and what not that i haven't really given him the time he deserves. but it's not over. thankfully with only two finals to go, i can get back on track so many of the things that i have really loosened the reins on from my prayer and meditation time all the way down to throwing out old papers and keeping my room clean.

it'll be lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home